In the previous post we gave you some tips to use for your Online Marketing strategy. To put those tips into practice you will need some tools to launch your strategy and measure your efforts. Following is a list of free tools you can use to both boost your sales and increase your profits as you put your Online Marketing strategy into action.
Social Media Tools – According to a report by Econsultancy and ExactTarget, 70% of responding companies plan to increase their budgets for off-site social media. The recent boom of Twitter with an 82% increase in December of 2009 compared to December of 2008 and the continuing growth of Facebook has made them an internet phenomena that marketers can use to attract business, offer services and connect with customers.
If you’re new to Twitter or not sure exactly how to use for marketing, here are some useful resources.
Google Analytics – Once your marketing efforts are put in to place it is critical to measureyour success. Google’s Analytics tool allows you to monitor number of visits, traffic sources, keywords, and set goals to track leads and contacts. All you have to do is add some code provided by Google and you’re set.
Google Alerts – Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic.
Rank Checker – This is a free downloadable tool that works with the Firefox browser to check a websites ranking based on keyword. With one click you can check where your website ranks based on several keywords on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Linkscape – This free tool from www.seomoz.org is a link analysis tool that will help you make improvements on your website, know where your website is being linked from and also look at your competitions links.
http://www.seomoz.org/linkscape – Linkscape
http://www.seomoz.org/tools – Complete list of all their tools.
As traditional media outlets such as newspapers, magazines, TV and radio commercials struggle to influence consumers, the power of online marketing continues to grow. Now more than ever, marketing and PR professionals have to adjust and learn to take advantage of the constant changes occurring in the marketing arena. Forrester Research has recently issued a report which states that online marketing budgets will be growing by more than 500% in the next five years.
If your business is considering using online marketing to add to its success, here are 5 tips for successful online marketing that we recommend.
1. Know your Web Marketing Options – Email, Social Media, Search Engine Marketing, Pay Per Click, Blogs, Video, Newsletters, Banner Advertising. Do the research to determine which avenues will reach your target audience.
2. Control your Message from Start to Finish – Take ownership and responsibility of all your marketing messages as you are the advertiser. The advertiser is the party investing in the purchase of the advertising inventory, sales, or leads and therefore their brand and reputation are at stake in the process.
3. Track your Online Marketing Efforts with Web Statistics – To measure your success and make adjustments as you learn, have strong online marketing analytics and statistics in place. Track your sources of traffic, quality of traffic, if leads are converting to sales, etc.
4. Create your Own Guidelines – To ensure the integrity and quality of your marketing campaigns, create your own online marketing guidelines.
5. Know your Industry’s Distinction and Weave it into Web Marketing – Make sure that your online marketing efforts serve your specific business needs by setting distinct goals around your campaigns.
For more information on web marketing and some of ILD’s recommended best practices, download our white paper.